Saturday, June 30, 2007

Surreal

You know, its amazing-the day is finally here! I can't even believe it!
Surreal is the only word that comes to mind.

Surreal that Jan and I had our last chat around the island until Christmas.
Surreal that today was the last day that I jammed to country music in the car with my sisters.
Surreal that today is the last time I will see my grandpa.
Surreal that I am not completely packed, that I haven't said 'good-bye' to all my friends, that I haven't seen Josh in a week and I won't see him until the end of July.

Surreal is currently my reality. I've decided it is sometimes confused with denial, but I'm not in denial-I am totally excited, totally ready to begin my adventure, but it is weird all that my life as I know it, is going to be put on hold, or in some instances, will change completely forever. I guess that if life wasn't being seen through my "surreal glasses", I couldn't call this an adventure.

1 comment:

aunt meg said...

maria, we are all so proud of you. watching you leave today I remembered what it felt like to be on fire for something you believe in. thank you for all the love and laughs that you have given us through the years and we will be praying for you. love you g/g and me